Police log for April 19, 2012

Someone shoplifted from a grocery store at 1:51 a.m. Wednesday at 1800 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person walked out of the Harris Teeter without paying for steaks, according to reports. The person stole six steaks with a total value of $200, reports state.

Someone possessed stolen property at 2:08 a.m. Wednesday at Fordham Boulevard and Sage Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A stolen 1994 red GMC Sierra was left in a roadway, according to reports. The vehicle was valued at $12,000 and was recovered by police, reports state.

Someone caused a traffic incident at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Chapel Street and McDade Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person impeded traffic and made an obscene gesture, reports state.

The Chapel Hill Police Department assisted another agency at 10:40 a.m. Tuesday at 98 W. Lakeview Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. There was unknown powder in a FedEx envelope shipping label, reports state.

The Chapel Hill Police Department conducted a K-9 unit demonstration for a group of cub scouts at a church at 1220 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone willfully damaged property and caused a disturbance at 11:22 p.m. Tuesday at 200 Pinegate Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person caused a disturbance inside the apartment by breaking a window, reports state. According to reports, damage to the window was valued at $150.