Police log for April 24, 2012

Someone removed property from a building between 6 a.m. and 2:06 p.m. Friday at 102 Fraternity Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person took an Apple Macbook Pro, a Nike backpack and computer hardware and software, reports state. The stolen items were valued at $1,950, reports state.

Someone reported hearing gunshots in open land areas at 3:27 a.m. Sunday at Laurel Hill Road and Round Hill Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The UNC Department of Public Safety was involved, according to reports.

Someone stole merchandise from Lowe’s Home Improvement between 4:12 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Sunday at 1801 Fordham Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person took a Dewalt power tool valued at $579, according to reports.

Someone broke into and entered a business and caused willful damage to property at 5:15 a.m. Sunday at Expressions at 137 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person broke a glass door and attempted to gain entry into the business, according to police reports. Damage to the glass door was valued at $100, reports state.

Someone reported an automobile theft that occurred between 7 p.m. Friday and 11:23 a.m. Saturday at 1575 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The vehicle, a 2009 gray Nissan Rogue, was valued at $20,000, reports state.

Someone punched someone else in the head at a parking lot at 2:22 a.m. Saturday at 215 E. Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.