Police log for April 5, 2012

Someone entered a residence through an unlocked window at 425 Hillsborough St. between 11:30 a.m. Tuesday and midnight Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person took $25 in quarters, reports state.

Someone broke and entered and committed larceny at 750 Weaver Dairy Road between 2:20 and 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person broke into a vehicle in a parking lot and stole items, police reports state. A leather purse valued at $50 and $18 in cash were stolen from the vehicle. A passenger side window was also damaged, and the damage was valued at $200, reports state. The vehicle was a 2007 Ford Fusion, according to reports.

Someone stole meat from a grocery store at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road at 1:53 p.m Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole four ribeye steaks with values ranging from $9.34 to $20.88 and 2 navel oranges valued at 50 cents each, reports state. All of the food items — valued $61.71 in total — were recovered, according to reports.

Someone stole from a residence at 111 Silo Drive between 10 a.m. Feb. 29 and 10 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person took more than $175 in cash, a suit valued at $214.39, a Nintendo Wii valued at $100, an Xbox 360 valued at $150 and other, smaller amounts of cash, reports state. In total, the stolen items were valued at $745.29, according to reports.

Someone said he would burn down a clubhouse at 100 Melville Loop between 11:30 and 11:38 a.m. Tuesday, according to police reports.