Police log for Aug. 20, 2012

Someone fought in front of Pita Pit at 115 E. Franklin St. at about 1:15 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone reported barking dogs at 109 Pine Lane at 1:10 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into a residence at 800 Pritchard Ave. between 7:30 a.m. and 6:28 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person entered the residence and stole property, including $80 and a VCR valued at $10, according to police reports.

Someone paid rent with counterfeit checks at 214 W. Rosemary St. at about 3:17 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The counterfeit checks were valued at $4,039, police reports state.

Someone trespassed at 601 Brookgreen Drive at 2:58 a.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The people climbed a fence to enter the pool area at Southern Village Racquet and Swim Club, police reports state.

Someone stole a bicycle from the porch of a residence at 102 W. Poplar Ave. between midnight and 9 a.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports. The chain was cut and the black and yellow GMC Denali bike was taken, reports state.

Someone vandalized property at 309 E. Main St. between 8 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday, according to Carrboro police reports. The person spray painted graffiti on the side of Surplus Sid’s, reports state.