As the oldest and largest student-led center for social justice, service and activism at UNC, the Campus Y would like to emphasize our dedication to social change through the past 150 years.

We can track our dedication to social justice by our history of organizing students in crucial moments: For the integration of students of color in the 1950s, against the Vietnam War in the 1960s, against South African Apartheid in the 1980s, for the establishment of a black cultural center named after Sonja Haynes Stone in the 1990s.

Campus Y Campaigns aim to continue our tradition of fostering positive change in our various communities.

Y Campaigns organize and mobilize the general Y body towards a pressing social justice issue.

Last year, campaigns were formed to educate students on tuition, to advocate for gender non-specific housing and to advocate a robust vote against Amendment One.

This year, we are hoping to build on past campaigns while also building coalitions for new ones.

We are inviting all UNC students to be involved in Y Campaigns and are also asking for a core group of dedicated students to lead the campaigns in the planning process.

There will be a Y Campaigns interest meeting next week — Wednesday at the Campus Y at 6 p.m.

We cannot wait to launch another Y Campaign this year and know that with the high caliber of students at UNC, we will create change for the betterment of this campus and beyond.

Layla Quran ’15
Director of External Relations
Campus Y

Emilio Vicente ’15
Director of Internal Relations and Programming
Campus Y