Police log for Sept. 25, 2012

Someone broke and entered a residence at 323 McDade St. at 3:19 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person forced their way into the residence and assaulted the resident, police reports state.

Someone recovered property at 323 McDade St. at 8:44 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A metal street sign, valued at $20, was found inside the house, reports state.

Someone was locked inside a bathroom at 150 E. Rosemary St. between 10:15 a.m. and 10:17 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The lock malfunctioned, locking a person in the bathroom, reports state.

Someone discharged a BB gun at 501 Pritchard Ave. at 12:47 p.m., Chapel Hill police reports state. The person was shooting a BB gun at cans, reports state.

Charles Bernard Castaldi was arrested and charged with assault on a female at New Stateside Drive at 6:20 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone reported an animal running at large at 202 High St. at 2:29 p.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports. The person was on a public bus when it swerved around a two-tone brown, hunting-type dog in the road, reports state. Police pursued a dog for about 45 minutes before losing the dog, reports state.

Someone reported financial identity fraud at 102 E. Main St. between noon and 3 p.m. Thursday, Carrboro police reports state.