Police log for Sept. 27, 2012

Someone damaged property at 407 W. Franklin St. between 7:40 a.m. and 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A 2007 Toyota Tundra was damaged after someone tried to tow the truck and hit it in the process. Damage to the vehicle was valued at $1,200, reports state.

Someone broke and entered a residence at 300 Laurel Hill Road between 8:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person kicked down the door to the residence and stole items, reports state. Stolen items, valued at $2,910, included a computer and a safe, according to reports.

Someone broke and entered a residence at 737 Bradley Road between 7:50 a.m. and 2:39 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person entered through an unsecured door and stole a computer valued at $1,300, reports state.

Someone broke and entered a residence at 324 Burris Place between 8:30 a.m. and 6:50 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person cut the screen to enter the residence, reports state. Stolen items, valued at $1,160, included a flat-screen television and a suit, according to reports.

Someone reported an animal running at large at 7707 Rogers Road at 3:39 p.m. Monday, according to Carrboro police reports. A black pit bull was running around in the yard, reports state.