Police log for Sept. 7, 2012

Someone attempted to enter a residence at 103 Creel St. at 11:06 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person knocked on and attempted to open the door, reports state.

Someone reported a stolen laptop at 400 W. Cameron Ave. at 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The laptop, valued at $1,200, was stolen between midnight Aug. 28 and midnight Aug. 29, reports state.

Someone reported a suspicious person at 1602 E. Franklin St. at 12:31 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A person was given medication that was not prescribed, reports state.

Carrboro police responded to reports that someone took meat without paying at 310 N. Greensboro St. at 10:32 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carrboro police reports. Upon arrival, police trespassed Ivin Scurlock and Alexandra Simou from the Harris Teeter property, reports state.

Someone stole an iPad from a residence at 401 N.C. 54 between 3:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Monday, according to Carrboro police reports. There was no forced entry into the apartment, police reports state.

Someone stole a bicycle from the bike rack at 104 E. Main St. between 9 p.m. Sunday and 11 a.m. Tuesday, according to Carrboro police reports. The bike was secured using a U-shaped lock, police reports state.