This year, UNC students have the unique opportunity to make decisions on the college experience at the University for the next five years.

On Tuesday, the executive branch of student government and the UNC-system Association of Student Governments will host a forum for student input on the strategic planning process for UNC and the UNC Advisory Committee on Strategic Directions.

The forum will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Queen Anne Lounge of the Campus Y. We plan to invite members of the Advisory Committee on Strategic Directions to attend.

The Strategic Directions Initiative, started by UNC-system President Tom Ross and the Board of Governors, focuses on future priorities, resource planning and allocation, program planning, and the review and redefinition of academic missions and strategic planning by UNC institutions and its affiliates.

The Strategic Directions Initiative is comprised of two committees, the UNC Advisory Committee on Strategic Directions, and the UNC Strategic Directions Committee.

This forum organized by students at UNC-Chapel Hill is one of 17 that will be held at all public universities across the state as part of a systemwide effort to collect student input on the strategic vision for UNC.

Your input at this forum will go directly to those writing the strategic plan.

Will Leimenstoll ’13
Rachel Myrick ’13
Nikita Shamdasani ‘’15
Paige Comparato ‘’15