Police log for Oct. 5, 2012

Someone reported a suspicious person at 8 Shepherd Lane at 12:19 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person knocked on a door after midnight, reports state.

Someone broke and entered a residence at 2 Shepherd Lane between 1 p.m. and 2:24 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person damaged a window and entered the apartment, reports state. Damage to the window was valued at $150, according to reports.

Someone reported a suspicious person at 1712 Willow Drive at 10:47 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Chapel Hill police conducted a K-9 sniff of a vehicle in Fraternity Court at 10:05 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone was assaulted at 141 Vintage Drive between 6 p.m. and 10:48 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person shoved and hit the victim, reports state.

Someone reported a suspicious condition on UNC property at 103 Airport Drive at 10 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone was bitten by an animal at 203 Carol St. at 2:10 p.m. Wednesday, according to Carrboro police reports. The person said she was bitten by her own cat, which she described to police as 17 years old and sometimes ornery, according to police reports.