A lot has happened this semester at UNC. The football team has been swimming in a plethora of investigations, our charismatic chancellor resigned, and we recently took home the title of being the number one school in … sex life.

We definitely have had a lot of front-page-worthy news brewing in Chapel Hill in the first few weeks of school.

But does our success in the banging department truly merit being plastered on the front of Friday’s edition of The Daily Tar Heel?

Seeing that The Daily Tar Heel is a vital representation of the University’s image, I frown upon the editorial staff that decided to print this recent news and picture on the front of last Friday’s issue.

It defames the image of our wonderful school. Last year, my 15-year-old brother came to visit me for a few days, and I encouraged him to pick up a newspaper.

It just so happened to be the day the front page article was about people doing it in Davis.

After highlighting our strong academic reputation and the long hours students spend in the library, he began to question my study habits.

Daily Tar Heel staff, I appreciate the work you do in making one of the finest college newspapers in the nation, but in the future, try not to screw up like this again.

Garrett Pedersen ’15
Education