Police log for Nov. 2, 2012

Chapel Hill police responded to an informational call at 300 Northern Park Road between 12:59 a.m. and 1:53 a.m. Wednesday, according to police reports. Police had to pry open a door to release a man trapped inside, reports state.

Chapel Hill police responded to an informational call at 5623 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd. at 1:22 a.m. Wednesday, according to police reports. There was a misunderstanding about a rental car, reports state.

Someone stole from a motor vehicle at the Jiffy Lube at 607 W. Franklin St. between 3:30 p.m. and 3:55 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person removed a pair of sunglasses, valued at $120, from the car during service, reports state.

Someone was assaulted at the corner of North Greensboro Street and Weaver Street at 8:28 p.m. Wednesday, according to Carrboro police reports. The victim said they thought they had been struck by a bottle thrown from a moving vehicle, but they had residue from an egg on their back. Police searched the area, but they were unable to locate the vehicle, reports state.

Carrboro police responded to a suspicious condition at 303 Smith Level Road between 11 p.m. Monday and 12:06 a.m. Tuesday, according to police reports. The victim said they heard someone using a key in their door as if to unlock it, but grew suspicious when they realized all of their roommates were home. They said the bottom lock of the door had somehow been unlocked, reports state.