Police log for Feb. 15, 2013

Someone shoplifted from Walgreens at 1500 E. Franklin St. between 2:45 p.m. and 2:50 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole three toothbrushes, valued at $79, reports state.

William Earl Harris, 55, was arrested and charged with assault on a female at 400 W. Rosemary St. at 7:14 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

A dog was attacked at the intersection of Grove Street and Deerwood Court between 8:30 p.m. and 8:35 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Two loose dogs attacked a dog that was being walked by its owner, reports state.

Someone reported a suspicious person at 206 Andrews Lane at 12:02 a.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. An intoxicated person tried to enter a residence, reports state.

Someone broke and entered a vehicle at 401 N.C. Highway 54 between 11 p.m. Tuesday and 12:43 a.m. Wednesday, according to Carrboro police reports. The person broke the driver’s door window and stole a stereo, reports state.

Carrboro police responded to a fire inside a trash can in the boys bathroom at 201 Rock Haven Road between 1:10 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carrboro police reports.

Someone broke and entered a residence at 303 Smith Level Road between 9:30 a.m. and 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carrboro police reports.