Police log for March 6, 2013

Someone assaulted a female at 901 Stagecoach Road at 2:07 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person struck the female’s head on a window of a vehicle, reports state. Damages to the vehicle were valued at $350, reports state.

Someone stole $60 in cash at 129 E. Franklin St. at 2:27 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A missing cab driver was transporting a suspicious customer, reports state.

Joel Sterling Smith, 40, was arrested and charged with simple assault at 828 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. at 2:41 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone was assaulted at the 700 block of Pritchard Avenue Extension at 5 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A verbal altercation led to a physical altercation, reports state. A leather jacket, valued at $60, and leather boots, valued at $25, were both damaged, according to reports.

Someone set off fireworks in a neighborhood at 4007 Sweeten Creek Road at 3:13 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke and entered a residence at 600 Davie Road at 3:49 p.m. Monday, according to Carrboro police reports. The victim said two females pulled up to her residence and punched her in the face, reports state. The victim said she was accused by the women of stealing items, and did not have any obvious signs of assault, according to reports.