Rafael Gaono Sierra was arrested Tuesday morning and charged with the sexual assault that occurred at the State Employees Credit Union Family House last week.

The warrants charge Gaono with second-degree rape, which involves the use of force against the will of the individual or an assault on an individual who is mentally or physically disabled.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Randy Young said the arrest was made shortly after midnight on Tuesday. Gaono is currently being held at the Orange County Sheriff’s Office on a $40,000 bond.

“(There’s) no other information about why he was at the house,” Young said. “We’re not ruling out further charges.”

The SECU Family House is an organization that provides patients at UNC Hospitals and their families a place to stay during treatment.

The assault occurred Friday between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. at the house on Old Mason Farm Road in Chapel Hill.

“We will continue the investigation till case comes to court,” he said. “Really the case is not deactivated until such sentencing occurs.”

Janice McAdams, executive director of the house, said she felt it was safe for visitors, but added she could not discuss the case because it could compromise the investigation.

“It violates the sense of community and safety that has been the hallmark of SECU Family House the last five years,” McAdams said.

Gaono will appear in court Sept. 23.