Next year, students should not expect to see in-state tuition increases or controversial student fees implemented by the UNC administration.

The Tuition and Fee Advisory Task Force was unable to come to a consensus Tuesday on three contentious fee proposals — regarding athletics, parking and graduate student programming — so the fees could not be approved.

In addition, the task force did not recommend any in-state undergraduate tuition increases for the 2014-15 year.

UNC-system President Thomas Ross said earlier this year that he did not want there to be any in-state undergraduate tuition increases next year, unless there was an emergency.

Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost Jim Dean clarified at the meeting that no in-state tuition increases would be needed.

“I obviously fully supported President Ross’ ideology,” said Student Body President Christy Lambden, a task force member.

Out-of-state tuition will increase by 12.3 percent next year, as decided by the state legislature earlier this year.

The task force made up of students and administrators decides what tuition and fee changes to approve for review by Chancellor Carol Folt and the UNC Board of Trustees for the 2014-15 school year.

Kiran Bhardwaj, president of the Graduate and Professional Student Federation, said in an email that she felt the task force meeting was productive.

“I am fully in support of all the fees decisions made thus far,” she said.

The $4.75 increase to the athletics fee, the $10.40 night parking fee and a proposal to change the graduate program fee from a one-time $52.50 fee to a yearly $26.25 fee have been met with criticism from students and administrators since their proposals.

The fees that weren’t recommended will still be seen by the Board of Trustees, but it it is unlikely that they will be approved, said Matt Farley, student body treasurer and a member of the task force.

“I was feeling a lot of respect towards the students from administrators,” Farley said.

“It was cool to see we were working on the same level and they were listening.”