Monday, June 17, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log for Feb. 12, 2014

Someone broke and entered and committed larceny at Los Potrillos restaurant at 220 W. Rosemary St. between midnight and 8 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person pried open the door to the restuarant, causing damage to the door estimated at $250, damage to an office door estimated at $200, damage to a cash register draw estimated at $400 damage to wires estimated at $300 and damage to an alarm motion sensor estimated at $200, reports state.

The person also stole $170 in cash, a safe valued at $350, a computer valued at $500 and a security system control box valued at $4,000, reports state.

Someone committed vehicular breaking and entering and damaged property at 8 Clark Court between 10 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person threw a rock through a car window, causing damage estimated at $200, reports state.

Someone abandoned a bicycle valued at $50 at 127 E. Franklin St. at 12:10 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone committed simple assault at a restaurant at 107 N. Columbia St. at 5:08 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person threw a drink on someone else, reports state.

Someone trespassed at a restuarant at 100 W. Franklin St. at 6:14 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person banged on the window of Qdoba and would not stop, reports state.