Chapel Hill Police Department investigating shooting on Christopher Road

Bartholomew Romidas Scott

Bartholomew Romidas Scott

UPDATE, 2:32 p.m., May 31: The victim of Friday's shooting has been identified as Lew Hahn Hood, 33, according to a press release from the Chapel Hill Police Department.

Hood, a resident of Elizabeth Street in Chapel Hill, was shot multiple times and was pronounced dead on the scene when police arrived, the press release stated. 

UPDATE, 8:55 p.m., May 30: Bartholomew Romidas Scott, 35, has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder in connection with Friday's shooting on Christopher Road near Fordham Boulevard. 

According to a press release from the Chapel Hill Police Department, a man was pronounced dead on the scene at 102 S. Christopher Rd. when police arrived at 11:54 a.m. Police said the man was shot multiple times and was not a resident at the address.

Scott is being held at Orange County Jail without bond.

http://www.map-embed.com

UPDATE, 2:15 p.m.: One person was shot on Christopher Road near Fordham Boulevard, according to Lt. Josh Mecimore, a Chapel Hill Police Department spokesman.

According to a press release from the police department, the police were dispatched at 11:54 a.m. for a report of a breaking and entering and fired shots. One man was found shot and was transported to UNC Hospitals.

A wooded area along Fordham Boulevard near St. Thomas More School was blocked off by police tape but police are not actively looking for anyone, Mecimore said. There is no one in custody and police do not have any suspects at this time.

There is no current threat to the community or nearby schools, Mecimore said. Both St. Thomas More and Glenwood Elementary School have been put on lockdown as a precaution, police said.

The shooting occurred roughly 2 miles from the Dean E. Smith Center.

The Chapel Hill police are investigating a shooting that occurred on Christopher Road near Fordham Boulevard just after 12 p.m., according to an Alert Carolina update that was posted at 12:48 p.m.

The shooting occurred near St. Thomas More Church and south of UNC's campus. One individual was injured and there are two suspects, according to the message.