Police log for Sept. 25, 2015

• Someone broke into and entered a business at 300 S. Elliott Road between midnight Monday and 8:35 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person forced open the front door, causing $800 worth of damage, and stole a register till, valued at $25, and $15.01 in cash, reports state.

• Someone used a counterfeit check for $8,473 at BB&T at 143 E. Rosemary St. at 4:44 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone committed larceny at Yarns Etc. at 1322 Fordham Blvd. at 5:52 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole $45 from the cash register, reports state.

• Someone disturbed the peace at 100 Library Drive at 5:53 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone shoplifted at Chapel Hill Sportswear at 119 E. Franklin St. on Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person took tags off of clothes, valued at $245 in total, and wore the items out of the store, reports state.

• Someone reported damaged property on the 1700 block of Fordham Boulevard at 9:16 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person reported damage to a windshield, worth $200, cracked by an unknown object while parked, reports state.

• Someone was cited for trespassing and drinking at 306 W. Franklin St. at 10:54 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.