Police log for March 31, 2016

• Someone drove while impaired on Old Durham Road and White Oak Drive at 2:15 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone was cited for alcohol violations at 440 W. Franklin St. at 4:15 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone broke into and entered a vehicle in a parking lot on the 100 block of Shadowood Drive between 7:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person looked through the vehicle, but nothing was taken, reports state.

• Someone broke into and entered a vehicle in a parking lot on the 100 block of Misty Woods Circle between 9 p.m. Monday and 5 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person entered an unlocked vehicle and stole tools, valued at $180 in total, and $1.50 in cash, reports state.

• Someone broke into and entered a vehicle in the parking lot at 1615 E. Franklin St. at 4:12 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person opened the door of the vehicle and attempted to steal a lighter, reports state.

• Someone committed larceny at the Food Lion at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road at 12:12 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person attempted to steal property and was trespassing, reports state.