It has been a challenge and a privilege writing for you all every other week.
Being a columnist has forced me to sharpen my thinking and writing in a way I never could have imagined. However, I can confidently say I have fulfilled the purpose I designated for myself with each piece I have produced. That purpose was to challenge myself to think critically about events around me and encourage others to do the same.
To do so, I strived to analyze and investigate “hot topics” from a unique angle.
More importantly, however, I strived to write in a way that provided a tangible take away.
1. Regardless of who or what you are, pursue your interests authentically and unapologetically.
2. Holding a title does not or anyone to belittle the trials and tribulations of an individual or community — in public or in private.
3. It is essential that every individual — regardless of race or background — have an understanding of their legal rights.
4. Using stereotypes for comedic effect or attention may have an .
5. Become educated on each candidate (whether for an organization, state office or Presidential race) as opposed to selecting a candidate based on arbitrary factors.