Yesterday was the best Monday I’ve had in a long time.

The weather was beautiful. The sky and campus were matching in the same shade of glorious Carolina Blue. Even an 8 a.m. exam didn’t dampen my excitement. Yesterday was special.

Each “How are you?” was followed by smile and “Where are you watching the game?” Every person on campus was on one accord.

Oh, what a day.

Actually, what a ride.

It was a long road, ya’ll.

But Roy Williams and our players have been the face, talent and momentum that have kept us fans going this season.

Can you think of another basketball team whose players make fans look forward to press conferences? (Thanks, Theo Pinson).

They kept us coming back, week after week, just to watch them do what they love — and we love it.

Despite the stress, screaming and high blood pressure ... UNC basketball never loses its magic. Blocking hours out of our day for a 40-minute game seems heinous, but it’s worth it.

The season wouldn’t be the same without each and every individual involved. Not just the players, coaches and athletic staff either.

We wouldn’t even be able to GET to the Dean Dome without the patient, observant traffic guards and Chapel Hill police officers that patrol the area. If you’ve been in one of those crowds, you know they are no joke and could be potentially dangerous.

Would games really be the same without our talented cheerleaders, dancers and band members ... who spend hours each week preparing for games?

They don’t get half of the recognition the team gets, but they still put forth a considerable amount of work on and off the court.

The reporters, photographers and videographers that all document each game, play by play so we can re-live it as many times we like — in addition to giving us the means to produce hilarious gifs and memes for later use.

Carolina Athletic Hospitality staff that facilitate and staff the boxes, and volunteers that take tickets, check bags and clean up afterwards.

And what about the individuals that operate and facilitate the Dean Dome? It doesn’t maintain itself.

We may not know their names, or recognize their faces, but UNC basketball wouldn’t be what it is without them either.

Now, I say this in no way to minimize the talent and effort put in by our team, coaches and other athletic staff members. However, others involved deserve recognition too.

So, to the traffic guards and police officers, cheerleaders, dancers, band members, reporters, photographers, videographers and to everyone that has worked or volunteered in the Dome ... this was your season, too.