Here are all the bands coming to Cat's Cradle for the rest of the semester

Saxaphone specialist Danny Abrams plays a scale to prove his place in the band, part of one of the skits performed during the show. The night was full of theatrical spectacles punctuated by foot-stomping performances.

Now that Halloween is over, you're probably looking for another event to put meaning into your life. Lucky for you, we've got another playlist of all the bands coming to Cat's Cradle for the rest of the semester, so you can spend less time studying and more time moshing.

Here are a few highlights:

Animal Collective

Saturday, Nov. 5

8 p.m.

$30 to $33 (Sold out)

Animal Collective describes its sound as “experimental pop.” The band’s eclectic style ranges from folk to psychedelia. What’s more, all the band members have cool code names. Their music is a little on the stranger side, but it's bound to be an interesting show. Fun side note: this show is raising money to fight House Bill 2. 

Guided by Voices 

Saturday, Nov. 12

9 p.m.

$26.50

This is my dad’s favorite band and he tries to talk me into listening to them every chance he gets. Remember when you started that band with your friends and you practiced in the garage while your mom brought everyone snacks? That’s what Guided by Voices sounds like, in the best possible way.  They’re famous for their classic sound and the absurd amount of music they manage to put out, so you'll never run out of content.

Mandolin Orange 

Friday, Nov. 18 (Haw River Ballroom- Sold out)

Saturday, Nov. 19 (Kings, Raleigh- Sold out)

Sunday, Nov. 20 (Cat’s Cradle- Back Room- Sold out)

Friday, Dec. 2 (Hayti Heritage Center, Durham)

$15 to $25 

This Chapel Hill-based band was only started in 2009, but the duo has already released five albums. Mandolin Orange has a folky vibe, and it’s clear after listening to them for only seconds that the members are absolute gifts to the musical world. Mandolin Orange is playing four (yes, four) shows at Cat’s Cradle and other local venues this month, so there’s really no excuse not to go.

Bombadil

Saturday, Dec. 3

9 p.m.

$16 to $18

If you have ever needed more proof of how great North Carolina’s music scene is, look no further than Bombadil. The band is known for its quirky melodies, lyrics and strangely engaging concerts. At one of its more remarkable events, Bombadil actually helped a fan propose to his girlfriend with their song “A Question.” While this show isn't guaranteed to be as eventful, it will be a good time nonetheless.

swerve@dailytarheel.com