All up in your business: Carrboro Farmers’ Market celebrates the start of summer hours

Carrboro Farmers' Market.
Carrboro Farmers' Market.

The Carrboro Farmers' Market began its regular summer hours on April 1 and will begin the Wednesday market season on April 5. 

The market hosted a kickoff on April 1 to celebrate its 39th season and its summer Saturday hours, which means the market will now be open from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Andrew Kasab, a local guitarist, provided live music, and 2017 Carrboro Farmers’ Market T-shirts were sold. 

Alex Rike, the Carrboro Farmers' Market's assistant manager, said the market has its peak season from April through October. 

“During the summertime, we’re a very busy market,” Rike said. “Our shoppers like our hours the way they are — it gives them time to come park and shop.”

After the market holds its first Wednesday hours of the season from 3 to 6 p.m. on April 5, shoppers can attend the Evening Eats Food Truck Rodeo from 6 to 9 p.m.

BaguettaboutitBoro BeverageBulkogi Korean Barbecue, Lost BoysMaple View Ice Cream and Yee Haw Doughnuts will sell food, and Laura Jane Vincent will provide live music. 

A part of the evening’s proceeds will go to the market’s food outreach programs. 

“The food truck rodeo is always a very popular event,” Rike said. “Guests are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs and hang out.”