Defendants expected to be added to Chandler Kania wrongful death lawsuit

UPDATE (Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.): Fifteen new defendants were added to the wrongful death lawsuit against Chandler Kania.

Kania's former fraternity, the Delta chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon, along with Kania's friends Aditya Shah and Alexander Pugh. 

UNC students Rebecca Greene and Kelly Lucas were also among those added to the list of defendants. 

La Residence Restaurant, one of the establishments where Kania drank underage on the night of the crash, is still listed on the lawsuit. 

Kania's parents and Chapel Hill bar He's Not Here were removed from the lawsuit after reaching a settlement.

About 15 defendants are expected to be added to the wrongful death lawsuit against former UNC student Chandler Kania, according to Raleigh attorney Shawn Howard. 

Howard said the new defendants will include those involved with Kania's former fraternity, Sigma Phi Epsilon, or those who knew him in other parts of his life. 

In October, Kania was found guilty of three counts of involuntary manslaughter and one count of reckless driving after a July 2015 drunken driving crash that killed three people and injured a fourth. He was sentenced to between 12 and 16 years in prison.