Column: Six places to watch the game that aren't Kenan Stadium

sup dogs
Sup Dogs has two locations in Chapel Hill and Greenville.

The UNC football team will gear up this Saturday to take on the age-old tradition of competing against Duke University for the Victory Bell at the Homecoming game. 

The Tar Heels will try to break Duke's three-year victory streak, and if you're like most UNC students, you didn't get tickets from some silly lottery because apparently some guy named Mack made football popular again. 

It's okay. The Daily Tar Heel has got you covered. Here's a list of six great places to watch the game outside of Kenan Stadium. 

1. Sup Dogs  

Kick back with an Orange Sup Crush or Sup Swirl while you cheer the Heels to victory. Sup Dogs offers a great atmosphere for game day. The Greenville location was even voted best college bar in the country by Barstool (even though we all know He's Not Here was robbed). It's also a great place for football fans not of drinking age, thanks to a variety of hot dog and burger options. 

2. Carolina Brewery 

With a wide selection of food and craft beer, Carolina Brewery is the place to be on game day. Carolina Brewery is a tried and true destination on Franklin Street. It's been there for almost 25 years — just short of a minor Franklin miracle. So (if you're 21), grab a beer, sit back and watch the Heels kick some Blue Devil butt. 

3. Crying over your laptop in Davis 

Are you a STEM major, trying to graduate in three years or just behind in all of your classes? Davis Library is an awesome place to watch the game while crying over your homework. Thank goodness for split screens, am I right? Study rooms offer a private location, where nobody can hear your sobs. And hey, if we lose for the fourth year in a row, you've beaten the rest of us to crying. 

4. Pantana Bob's  

Bob's is the best place to watch the game outside, hands down. The huge outdoor patio offers a great place to enjoy yummy bar food and casually watch the game with friends in some lovely North Carolina weather. With the cold and rain this weekend, it will feel just like you're watching from the Tar Pit. So, grab a jacket and some friends and cheer on the Heels. Maybe if you yell loud enough, they'll hear you in Kenan.  

5. In a Frat House 

If you don't mind sticky floors, loud music and intoxicated people, fraternities are the place for you. The fraternity house is an ideal location for the casual watcher who just wants to know the score once every quarter. If that's you, fraternities are a great social venue to catch the game. The drinks are super cheap, and you'll only get like three spilled on you, max. 

6. Your Couch 

There's no place like home, especially when you realize it's going to be 50 degrees and raining this weekend. The beer is cheaper, you get to choose the guests and your bed is just around the corner. Consider chilling on your couch this weekend, ordering some Wings Over and hanging with good friends to watch the UNC victory.  

Wherever you end up watching this weekend, remember: there's a superior shade of blue, Duke is puke and it's always a great day to be a Tar Heel. Have fun and beat Dook! 

@MaryMacPorter1