Here's how students can enter lottery for home football games

Map Graphic.png

UNC's road game schedule will see the team travel to Virginia, Georgia, Indiana, Pennsylvania and nearby Raleigh, N.C.

The No. 10 North Carolina football team will welcome back fans to a full-capacity Kenan Memorial Stadium for the first time since the 2019 season on Sept. 11, for the home opener against Georgia State. For the students hoping to score a ticket to the game and any future home football games, here’s a guide on how to do so.

Student tickets for home football games are distributed via a lottery system, which can be entered by visiting goheels.com/tickets. Any student can enter the lottery, but there’s no guarantee that students will receive a ticket. Students must be full-time students and pay athletic fees to be eligible for student tickets.

The window for entering the lottery opens 10 days before each home game, and closes after 48 hours. For the home opener against Georgia State, the lottery will open at 10 a.m. on Sept. 1, and close at 10 a.m. on Sept. 3. There’s no priority given to students who enter the lottery first, every entry received within the window has the same chance of being selected. 

All students who entered the lottery will receive an email informing them whether or not they got tickets to the game after the lottery window closes. And tickets — which are digital and will be sent via email — will arrive 24 hours before the game. 

@emilythoreson