Orange County Health Department to distribute free N95 masks beginning Friday

20220131_McGinnis_n95Masks-1.jpg
DTH Photo Illustration. A stack of N95 masks is on display.

The Orange County Health Department will begin to distribute free N95 masks on Friday. The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services is providing masks to Orange County residents.

According to a press release from the Town of Carrboro, OCHD will distribute the masks at the Orange County Public Library in Hillsborough and the Inter-Faith Council for Social Service in Carrboro while supplies last.

The Orange County Public Library will be open for the distribution Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Inter-Faith Council for Social Service will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Individuals can also request free masks from the NCDHHS here

Wearing a high-quality mask is important, especially for high-risk individuals and in high-risk settings.

"Scenarios that call for better protection can include being in close and prolonged contact with people whose vaccination status is unknown, being in crowded indoor settings, riding on public transportation, and working at a job where you interact with large numbers of people," the Carrboro press release said.

Community members who have questions about the mask distribution can call (919) 913-8088 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

@emmymrtin

Emmy Martin

Emmy Martin is the 2023-24 editor-in-chief of The Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as the DTH's city & state editor and summer managing editor. Emmy is a junior pursuing a double major in journalism and media and information science. 

More in Hillsborough

More in Carrboro