Carrboro Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine will not seek reelection this November

susan_romaine.JPG

Photo courtesy of Susan Romaine.

Susan Romaine, a member of the Carrboro Town Council and the Town's Mayor Pro Tempore, announced in a press release on Monday that she will not be running for reelection in the fall. 

Romaine has served on the town council for three-and-a-half years. In the press release, she highlighted her work on the 203 Project, hiring Town Manager Richard White, utilizing ARPA funds for an affordable housing development and the Carrboro Connects comprehensive plan during her time with the Town Council.

"I am blessed to have served on Town Council alongside some remarkable people, and I’m proud of our work together and the impact it is having on the day-to-day lives of community members," she said in the press release.

She said in the press release that she will remain involved in the local organizations PORCH Chapel Hill and Orange County Living Wage after her term on the town council ends.

"The future is bright for Carrboro," she said in the press release. "New candidates on the ballot will bring fresh ideas, perspectives, and lived experiences to the table."

@wslivingston_

Walker Livingston

Walker Livingston is the 2024 enterprise managing editor at The Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as summer city & state editor and assistant city & state editor. Walker is a sophomore pursuing a double major in journalism and media and American studies, with a minor in data science. 

More in Carrboro

More in Chapel Hill