Canvas

Some follow-up on Tuesday's story on the opening of the Ackland Musuem shop

We here at Canvas have gotten a lot of confused reader feedback about our recently published story on the opening of the Ackland Art Museum’s gift shop, which is set to open underneath local restaurant Top of the Hill.

Several readers got a hold of us to ask a rather obvious question: “Sure, the store is opening — but when?”

The first few paragraphs of the story suggested that the opening of the store has been delayed indefinitely — which is true — but didn’t really go into why or when or how or any of that good stuff.

The thing is — nobody really knows.

The museum’s official word is that the opening is coming, but not at any specific date, and there isn’t really a specific reason as to why the opening — originally scheduled for this November — is going to be pushed back.

Our story may have read a little vague, but that was and continues to be all the information we have.

As we find out more about the Ackland’s foray into museum gift shops, we’ll write about it.

But until then, all that the Ackland Art Museum can tell us is that the shop is opening sometime in the future, but when and why it is delayed is still up the air.

Though we always try to find the whole story when we report, sometimes, the whole story just isn’t clear enough.