Canvas

Weekender Top Three 2/10-2/12

Brighten up a gray weekend with pre-Valentine’s Day happenings. Then, look for Canvas’ special Valentine’s Day edition Roundup, coming on Sunday!

THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATIONS STUDIESPROCESS SERIES PRESENTS “F TO M TO OCTOPUS Sam Peterson’s personal journey.

Read more: Staff writer Kendra Benner explores themes of this year’s Solo Takes on 3 festival. See the show: 8 p.m. Friday in Swain Hall Studio 6. Tickets are $5 to $10.

PLAYMAKERS REPERTORY COMPANY PRESENTS “THE MAKING OF A KING: HENRY IV AND HENRY V” Settle in for 6 hours of Shakespearean history.

Read more: Staff writer Grace Tatter explores history of the Henry’s; Arts Editor Katelyn Trela looks at the reputation company has built on epic theater; assistant Arts Editor Katherine Proctor camped out with (and loved) Shakespeare. See the show: Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and running through 4.

LAB! THEATRE PRESENTSSTICK UP KIDS UNC’s Sam Smith wrote this mainstage production.

Read more: Staff writer Kendra Benner talks LAB! about the play. See the show: 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m. and Monday at 5 p.m. in Kenan Theater. All performances are free.