Dress Code

5 pieces that will freshen up your wardrobe

It's not unusual to waste approximately 20 minutes of your day standing in front of your closet pondering what you want to wear. Along with that wasted time comes the endless stream of thoughts that convince you that you have absolutely nothing to wear. 

By adding in these five key pieces to your wardrobe, it will make picking out your outfits a little less painful and will most certainly give your bank account a nice break.

Black jeans:

Credit: Krystal Shlegel

Investing in a nice pair of black jeans can truly make your wardrobe more chic and will undoubtedly give your go-to outfits a fresh twist. Choosing to wear your black jeans over your classic blue jeans will add a darker element to your outfit, making it look polished and just a step above casual. 

Solid, pullover sweater:

Credit: Trendsgal

Adding a comfortable, solid sweater to your wardrobe will come in handy more times than not. It will make your "not-so-lazy" lazy days incredibly easy to achieve and can be dressed up or down depending on the situation. You can pair the sweater with a basic pair of jeans, use it as a cuter version of a sweatshirt and put it over a T-shirt and exercise leggings. You can even throw it on with a cute fitted skirt to stay cozy during the colder months. 

Vest:

Credit: Jane

From fur to fleece, all colors, styles and materials will work with your wardrobe and add that fresh element you might not have seen before. A fleece vest can replace the dingy old sweatshirt you've been wearing since the third grade and can make your long sleeve T-shirt that much cuter. The stitched vest, which can be found at retailers like J. Crew, Old Navy and Gap, can make your look preppy and cute and add the same element that a cardigan can without looking dated.

Leather booties:

Credit: Brit + Co

Leather booties might be the greatest things since sliced bread. They can be paired with basically any outfit and can be worn all year around. Investing in a nicer pair of leather booties will certainly pay itself off once you realize they look cute with any type of jean, dress, skirt or even shorts. Having a simple, shorter-heeled bootie can be the perfect new addition to your everyday wardrobe, or adding a pair with a higher heel can make a casual outfit look the perfect amount of dressy without overdoing it. 

Gingham button-down shirt:

Credit: The Ivy League Look

A gingham button-down is a wonderful element to any outfit. It gives a flirt yet put together vibe and the pattern is extremely compatible with almost any accessory or addition to the outfit. Gingham is a pattern that is transitioning into a neutral category, as more people pair it with contrasting patterns and colors. 

These five pieces are affordable and versatile, not to mention they will make you want to dress cute so you can put each and every one of these to use.