DTH Sports at a Glance

Good morning, DTH sports fans.

Welcome back to DTH Sports at a Glance — your dose of sports news from the student journalists at The Daily Tar Heel. Every Friday, we'll let you know what's coming up and what you might have missed during the week. And on Monday, we'll catch you up on all of the games and news from over the weekend.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Share it with all of your friends who want to keep up with UNC athletics.

Record-breaking receivers highlight blowout victory

Receivers Quinshad Davis and Ryan Switzer lead the North Carolina football team in distinct ways, one as a sure-handed wideout and the other as a dynamic returner. On Saturday, both players' unique skillsets earned them spots in the UNC record books.

Read Senior Writer Ben Coley's story here.

Alan Winn fuels youthful UNC attack

In 2014, the North Carolina men's soccer team boasted an explosive offense behind veteran leadership. But with over 80 percent of its offense gone this season, the Tar Heels had struggled to replicate its potency — until Friday, when sophomore Alan Winn put his blazing speed on display for his first two goals of the year.

Read Assistant Sports Editor Logan Ulrich's story here.

Hayley McCorkle suffers season-ending injury

Although the North Carolina volleyball team split its two matches this weekend, the team's biggest loss didn't feature an opponent. Redshirt junior Hayley McCorkle tore her Achilles tendon in Friday's loss to Michigan State, effectively ending her season.

Read staff writer Megan Marenghi's story here.

Seniors cherish final home opener of careers

After starting the season with six-straight road contests, the North Carolina field hockey team opened its home campaign on Friday — the final home opener for the Tar Heels' three seniors, who all scored in an emotional match.

Read staff writer Will Bryant's story here.

Women's soccer topples undefeated, top-10 foe

In a clash of undefeated ACC squads, the No. 3 North Carolina women's soccer team prevailed on the road against No. 9 Virginia Tech behind strong play from Katie Bowen and the Tar Heel reserves.

Read Senior Writer Mohammed Hedadji's story here.

Looking ahead

• The North Carolina men's soccer team hosts North Florida at 7 p.m. on Monday.
  • The North Carolina women's golf teams will continue play in the Lady Paladin Invitational on Monday and Tuesday at the Furman University Golf Club in Greenville, S.C.
  • The North Carolina women's soccer team hosts Syracuse at 7: p.m. on Thursday.