DTH Sports at a Glance

Good morning, DTH sports fans.

Welcome back to DTH Sports at a Glance — your dose of sports news from the student journalists at The Daily Tar Heel. Every Friday, we'll let you know what's coming up and what you might have missed during the week. And on Monday, we'll catch you up on all of the games and news from over the weekend.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Share it with all of your friends who want to keep up with UNC athletics.

Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.

George's quest to 'the big field'

North Carolina men's soccer player Raby George came from Sweden to the United States to earn a college diploma before becoming a professional. Now a senior, he's one step closer to achieving his dream. 

Read staff writer Blake Richardson's story here.

'Coastal Week'

For the past two weeks, North Carolina receiver Mack Hollins has created a theme entering his team's upcoming game. With the Tar Heels one win away from clinching the Coastal Division heading into Saturday's game at Virginia Tech, the junior dubbed this week Coastal Week.

Read Sports Editor Pat James' story here.

Looking ahead

• The North Carolina swimming and diving teams continue competing in the Nike Cup Invitational starting at 9:30 a.m. on Friday at Koury Natatorium.
  • The North Carolina field hockey team plays Duke in the NCAA Championship semifinal at 2:45 p.m. on Friday in Ann Arbor, Mich.
  • The North Carolina women's soccer team plays Texas A&M in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at 3:30 p.m. on Friday in Clemson, S.C.
  • The North Carolina women's basketball team plays Fairleigh Dickinson at 6 p.m. on Friday at Carmichael Arena. The game is the first of three on the weekend for the Tar Heels, who host Iona at 3 p.m. on Saturday and Yale at 3 p.m. on Sunday.
  • The North Carolina fencing team competes in the Elite Invitational on Saturday in Philadelphia.
  • The North Carolina cross country team competes in the NCAA Championships on Saturday in Louisville, Ky.
  • The North Carolina football team travels to Blacksburg, Va., to play Virginia Tech at noon on Saturday.
  • The North Carolina men's basketball team faces Northern Iowa at 2 p.m. on Saturday in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
  • The North Carolina wrestling team competes against Gardner-Webb at 7 p.m. on Saturday at Chapel Hill High School.
  • The North Carolina volleyball team plays Virginia at 7 p.m. on Saturday in Charlottesville, Va.
  • The North Carolina men's soccer team hosts Coastal Carolina in the second round of the NCAA Championship at 6 p.m. on Sunday.