DTH Sports at a Glance

Good morning, DTH sports fans

Welcome back to DTH Sports at a Glance — your dose of sports news from the student journalists at The Daily Tar Heel. Every Friday, we'll let you know what's coming up and what you might have missed during the week. And on Monday, we'll catch you up on all of the games and news from over the weekend.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Share it with all of your friends who want to keep up with UNC athletics.

Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.

Getting back up again

At North Carolina gymnast Lexi Cappalli's first Level 5 meet as a child, she fell several times during her balance beam routine. She never gave up, however, hopping back up on the bar each time to finish her routine. 

Cappalli carried that mindset with her to UNC, where she has put together a successful career, even earning a trip to the NCAA Regional a season ago.

Read staff writer Kayleigh Payne's story here:

Hillary Summers a bright spot in UNC's dark season

Although her team dropped its seventh-straight game against Louisville on Thursday, redshirt junior Hillary Summers elevated her play, finishing with a double-double -- 14 points and 10 rebounds -- in the North Carolina women's basketball team's 78-60 loss to the Cardinals. 

Read Senior Writer David Allen Jr.'s story here: 

Tar Heels lose seventh-straight after second half struggles

The North Carolina women's basketball team led the No. 13 Louisville Cardinals at halftime, but were unable to maintain momentum in the game's final 20 minutes, eventually falling 78-60. 

The Tar Heels were out-rebounded 24-12 in the second half, and were outscored 35-20 in the third quarter. 

Read staff writer Will Bryant's story here:

Looking ahead: 

• The North Carolina track and field teams will compete in the Doc Hale Invite in Blacksburg, Va. all day Friday and Saturday.
  • The North Carolina women's tennis team opens the ITA National Team Indoor Championship against Alabama in Madison, Wisc. at 10 a.m. on Friday.
  • The North Carolina swimming and diving teams will compete in the Carolina College Invitational in Koury Natatorium all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday
  • The North Carolina fencing teams will compete in the Duke Dual Meets in Durham at 8 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
  • The North Carolina women's lacrosse team will face James Madison in Harrisonburg, Va. at noon on Saturday. 
  • The North Carolina men's lacrosse team hosts Michigan at Fetzer Fieldl at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
  • The North Carolina wrestling team will match up with Virginia in Charlottesville, Va. at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
  • The North Carolina gymnastics team will compete against Bowling Green, Pittsburgh and N.C. State in Carmichael Arena at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
  • The North Carolina men's basketball team taken on Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind. at 7 p.m. on Saturday.
  • The North Carolina women's golf team will compete in the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge in Palos Verdes, Calif. all day Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
  • The North Carolina women's basketball team play Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Mass. at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
  • The North Carolina men's tennis team takes on Oklahoma at the Cone-Kenfield Tennis Center at 1 p.m. on Sunday.