From the Press Box

Four Tar Heels earn All-Conference honors

Left handed pitcher Kent Emanuel (41) throws a pitch as Cody Stubbs (25) hold on a NC State runner in Carolina's 3-1 loss to NC State at Boshamer Stadium in Chapel Hill Saturday, March 24th.
Buy Photos Left handed pitcher Kent Emanuel (41) throws a pitch as Cody Stubbs (25) hold on a NC State runner in Carolina's 3-1 loss to NC State at Boshamer Stadium in Chapel Hill Saturday, March 24th.

The ACC named four North Carolina baseball players to the All-Conference team today.

Sophomore Kent Emanuel, UNC’s left-handed Friday night starter, and closer Michael Morin earned first team honors for their efforts this season.

Emanuel is 8-3 on the season and posted the second best ERA in the conference with 1.80.

Michael Morin leads the ACC with 17 saves this season.

This season is marks the first time that two UNC pitchers made the first team in program history.

Senior Jacob Stallings was named to the second team along with Brian Holberton.

Stallings is one of the nation’s most intimidating catchers as he has held opponents to the fewest stolen base attempts in the country. This season he hit .297 and had 21 doubles, which is third best in the ACC.

Holberton made the second team as a designated hitter/utility player for his .344 average and 11 RBI in conference play.

The Player of the Year was Florida State’s James Ramsey and NC State’s Carlos Rodon won both conference Pitcher of the Year and Freshman of the Year.

ACC awards are decided by vote of the coaches.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide