From the Press Box

Tar Heel Blue to become GoHeels.com

Beginning on July 1st, the University of North Carolina’s official athletic website will no longer be www.tarheelblue.com.

Instead, www.goheels.com will be the new home of Tar Heel athletics on the internet.

The switch is being pegged as a redesign and relaunch of Tar Heel Blue that will present their traditional UNC media in addition to some new features.

Carolina All-Access will be replaced by GoHeels TV which will broadcast select UNC athletic events in high definition. Also a mobile app for the iPad is scheduled to be released and would allow users to view GoHeels TV on the tablet.

“Our website and social media platforms provide tools for us to connect and interact with Carolina fans worldwide,” Rick Steinbacher said in a release.

Steinbacher is the UNC Associate Athletic Director for Marketing.

“The relaunch of our website under the new name GoHeels.com provides us with an opportunity to ease access to what fans want, including more video, social media, featured columnists and event score updates.

“Carolina fans are worldwide and we look forward to continuing to find new and innovative waysto tell the stories of our outstanding athletes and coaches via news, scores, schedules, photos, rosters, live audio and video.”