Sunday, June 16, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

From the Press Box

Tracking the Tar Heels, Sept. 13

Notre Dame Reverend John Jenkins (right) and Athletic Director (left) posses with ACC Commissoner John Swafford (center).
Buy Photos Notre Dame Reverend John Jenkins (right) and Athletic Director (left) posses with ACC Commissoner John Swafford (center).

Welcome to another edition of Tracking the Tar Heels.

Here’s what the Tar Heels have been up to:

• Sports Editor Brandon Moree examines the addition of Notre Dame to all sports in the Atlantic Coastal Conference (ACC) except for football – a decision made by ACC Commissioner John Swofford and the league’s Council of Presidents.
  • With a matchup against Louisville just three days away, the UNC football team looks to refocus defensively after its 28-27 loss to Wake Forest last week, Senior Writer Michael Lananna writes.
  • In the latest update to the Kupec traveling expenses scandal, Tami Hansbrough resigned on Wednesday from her position as major gifts officer in the Office of Student Affairs, University Editor Nicole Comparato writes.
  • Former UNC football player Michael McAdoo asked a state court of appeals on Thursday to reinstate his lawsuit against the University and the NCAA, claiming that his NFL career was harmed after he was kicked off the team in 2010.
  • According to News & Observer writer Laura Keeley, the UNC-N.C. State basketball tradition of playing each other twice each season will remain intact despite the addition of Notre Dame to the ACC.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide