From the Press Box

UNC Volleyball trails Duke 0-2 at the break

At the break between the second and third sets, the No. 10 North Carolina volleyball team has dropped two sets to Duke at Carmichael Arena.

The Blue Devils took the first set 25-22 under the direction of sophomore middle blocker Elizabeth Campbell who tallied six kills, good for best on both teams.

The set featured several lead changes and multiple ties, with Duke taking the opening point on UNC’s Jordyn Schnabl’s serve. North Carolina’s Paige Neuenfeldt and Jovana Bjelica recorded four kills each, but the Tar Heels also totaled nine errors in the first set. Duke’s nine errors have come through the course of two sets.

The Blue Devils also took the second set with a 25-22 score, led by Jeme Obeime, who had five kills. The Tar Heels claimed a fast 3-0 lead to open the set when McPherson, Adkins and Bjelica all came up with consecutive kills. But seven more errors and strong blocking from the Blue Devils allowed Duke to claim a comfortable 23-19 lead deep into the set. Though UNC battle back from a four point deficit to make the score 22-24, the final point went to Duke.

The Tar Heels, who are 15-0 on the season and have not lost in Carmichael Arena since 2011, are donning light pink uniforms to honor breast cancer awareness.

The Blue Devils are one set away from the victory.