Medium

Binge watch guide: 'Game of Thrones'

Binge Watch Guide is a blog series to lead you through the many available series for streaming. 

Time Commitment: High

"Game of Thrones" has five seasons on HBO, with a sixth coming out in April 2016. If you watched nonstop, it would only take you one day and six hours to complete! But if you're a normal human, the show should take you a while to get through. 

Most Interesting Character: Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion Lannister, also known as The Imp, Halfman, Little Lion or Demon Monkey, is a majorly sassy dwarf (coming in at 4'5" on a good day) who is a very active player in the Game of Thrones. He, like many others in the show, has many different layers to his personality which are revealed as the show progresses. He also isn't afraid to slap the Crown Prince Joffrey (aka the worst human being ever created in a TV show) which brings him near and dear to my heart. 

The Good: The show balances long dialogues with fast-paced action scenes, so you'll never be bored while watching. It also has an intricate web of plots that are slowly revealed, intriguing the watcher and hooking them into the "just one more episode and then I'll get some sleep" mentality. 

The costumes are perfect down to the intricate details, (which are hella cool to look at), the choreography is well rehearsed and executed, and the characters are brought to life by talented actors-- many of whom have won Golden Globes for their performances.

The Bad: While it is intriguing, sometimes the web of characters and plots can become very tangled up in your mind, making it hard to understand what's going on. It really helps to read the books that this series is based on, but hey this is a binge-watching guide, not a reading guide. 

There have also been some complaints about the graphic treatment of female characters in the series. They're subjected to rapes, violent murders and quite a lot of nudity, while the males are (except for a couple notable exceptions) left relatively intact. 

The Takeaway: "Game of Thrones" is great for binge watching, with plenty of drama and action to keep you riveted for hours. The characters are multi-faceted, there's plenty of fight scenes, and there's DRAGONS for Pete's sake. What more could you want?

If you liked this, consider watching this too: "The Tudors" based on Henry VIII and his reign over England, is also all about political power and the behind-the-scenes dealings that it takes to achieve it. Like "Game of Thrones," it combines sex, violence and conspiracy into a definite must-watch (also it has Natalie Dormer, who plays Margery Tyrell in "Game of Thrones.") All four seasons are available on Amazon Prime and Netflix.