Medium

Playlist: Group project survival

Once again you have been thrown into your worst nightmare: the group project. It seems like every person I talk to at UNC hates group projects with his or her entire type A soul. I’d be willing to say that the vast majority of the people at UNC were one of those people in high school. You know, the ones who ended up doing the entire project on their own.

You can be honest. This is a safe place.

Anyway, group projects in college are about 10 times worse when everyone feels like they should run the show. Of course, there are still the slackers; the ones who conveniently drop off the face of the earth the day of your group presentation. This one goes out to you, slackers. And also to you, type A control freaks.

Want to know how to make it through a group project without hitting someone upside the head with your Biology textbook? Here’s the playlist for you.

“Bad Girls” by M.I.A. — when you and the other type A girls in your group decide to take this project by the horns.

“Gypsy” by Shakira — when you identify that one person in your group who isn’t going to pull their weight because they are a free spirit who needs to wander and stuff.

“All These Things That I’ve Done” by The Killers — that moment when you have to crack down and prove that you doing this whole dang project by yourself!

“Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac — when you consider contacting your Professor and asking her for an alternative solo assignment.

“MMMBop” by Hansen — aggressive celebratory dancing when you finally finish the project. Head’s up if you didn’t get an A, y’all!  I have insider info that they are simply an ancient old wives tale!