Medium

Extra Gum is the perfect Valentine's Day gift, apparently

Want to fall in love? Chew Extra Gum. Or maybe don't chew it. There is no telling where it's powers come from. 

I can explain. Watch this commercial in it’s entirety.

If there is anything capable of making you believe in love, it’s this freaking commercial about gum.

Essentially, if you carry around a pack of Extra Gum, all of your problems (more than just your bad breath) will disappear.

Got a bad grade on that big paper? Go to your professor’s office hours. Gently knock on the door and peak your head in, carrying your less-than appreciated hard work in the hand closest to your professor. Once your professor sees the paper, whip out a stick of Extra Gum with your other hand. Hand your professor the gum; I promise he or she will change your grade on the spot. And then kiss you, probably.

Sick of your intramural basketball referee calling so many fouls on you? Next game, stow a stick of gum in your sports bra. Next time you shove a dingus to the ground in a competitive rage and hear the whistle, you know what you need to do.  

Pull out your Extra and hand it over to the ref, with a half smirk/half shrug that says, “I mean, she had it coming.” He’ll excuse you on the spot! Then he’ll imagine a montage in which he watches you sleeping in a sunny meadow.

How about that sweetheart you’ve been keeping an eye on for Valentine’s Day? Do you think he’s noticed you following him around the past two weeks? Considering your social spiritual gift of invisibility, probably not. 

Now it’s time to step it up sister, you know how the game is played. Follow him on his normal route home from class, same as always.

What makes this time different? You’ve just got a little Extra help.

When he starts to glance nervously over his shoulder, that is when you strike. Sprint up to him. Hold the gum out in front of you; let it lead you. When he catches a good look at you, he’ll start running in the other direction.

But don’t worry, this is good news! Honestly he’s just in a hurry to go pick out that engagement ring. Give extra, get extra. Gum is in the air.