Medium

Review: 'American Horror Story: Hotel'

I have three words for you: "American Horror Story.

The climatic psycho thriller that stole away hearts in 2011 just finished off its most recent FX season centered on the glamorous Hollywood-esque Hotel Cortez in Downtown Los Angeles. 

All I have to say is this — don’t wander the hallways or you might never find your way back to reality. 

The sex and drugs, the blood lust and the enigmatic ghosts all combine to make this season a haunting, unforgettable one. 

Co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk brought back all the actors we couldn’t bear to see go: Sarah Paulson (Hypodermic Sally), Evan Peters (James Patrick March), Kathy Bates (Iris), Angela Bassett (Ramona Royale), Wes Bentley (John Lowe), Matt Bomer (Donovan) and Denis O’Hare (Liz Taylor). 

New actors came into play including Cheyenne Jackson (Will Drake) and Lady Gaga, who recently won her first Golden Globe for "Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series" for her role as the seductive but evil Countess. Pause for dramatic effect.

Warning: this does contain spoilers.

I will say that "AHS: Hotel" has made a come up from its prior disappointing attempt in season four of "AHS: Freak Show." 

Scary or not, no one likes clowns. 

This most recent season's plot follows the lives of John Lowe, the Ten Commandments Killer and The Countess. 

It's pretty ironic considering he's the one who ends up killing her. 

Lady Gaga shared with The Hollywood Reporter, "I don’t simply do things because they’re provocative or shocking. I do it because the story that he is telling about addiction, the story that he is telling about our own narcissism, the story that he is telling about how the human being strives to survive within the challenges of the universe. That to me is what makes the sex so good." 

Between the annoyingly repetitive slitting of throats and the gruesomely twisted showcase of body organs, I give it a B+. 

All around this past season was innovative, sexy and eccentric, but it was also too predictable. I knew by the third episode that John Lowe was the Ten Commandments Killer, which kind of killed the anticipation for me at the end. 

Secondly, the ending was almost identical to the first season. They all end up dead and trapped in the Hotel Cortez just like everyone ends up dead and trapped in the murder house. 

It's a sweet ending to a lineage of tragedies, but where's the creativity? 

I don't want to give away too many spoilers for all you newly addicted AHS watchers, but I do think it's safe to say that none of the seasons so far are better than season one of "American Horror Story." 

It's like comparing Kayne to Wiz, it just is what it is. 

If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend you to begin binge-watching.

For all you AHS fans, what are your thoughts on "American Horror Story: Hotel?" I'm sure you all can't help but wonder what's next for season six.

No information has yet been revealed to the public, but the curiosity is unsettling, so let's throw out some potential ideas.

1. American Horror Story: Space

It might be a little difficult to put together this rendezvous, but anything is possible when it comes to the creative duo Murphy and Falchuk. Let's throw it back to the brief glimpses of aliens with Evan Peters from "AHS: Asylum." It was kind of freaky. Maybe some sort of connection will be made there.

2. American Horror Story: Zombies

Remember cute frat boy, Kyle Spencer from "AHS: Coven?" All Emma Roberts wanted to do was make the "perfect boy" for Zoe.

3. American Horror Story: Penitentiary

A setting based on Alcatraz Island doesn't sound too shabby. Prison? Solitude? Cruel Punishment? It's like a more twisted version of Shutter Island all over again.