Pit Talk

Recipe of the Week: Fall Chex Mix

<p>Step 4</p>
Buy Photos

Step 4

October means colorful trees, crunchy leaves, pumpkin patches and most importantly- delicious fall treats. There is no better way to celebrate the seasonal change than to make adorable fall themed recipes in your dorm.

I got the idea for this recipe while browsing through Pinterest and finding a Betty Crocker recipe for Halloween Chex Mix. The recipe can be found here.

I played around with the ingredients from this recipe, added a few of my own, and came up with my own Fall Chex Mix full of bright fall colors and tasty flavors!

All you need to make this incredibly simple recipe are the listed ingredients and a microwave. It is a great treat to nom on while you are studying for midterms, and it is also an adorable way to sweeten up the chilly fall weather we have been having.

Here are the ingredients:

8 oz white chocolate bar
4 cups Rice Chex cereal
2 cups mini pretzels
1 cup candy corn
½ cup orange and brown M&M’s
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup Reece’s pieces

All of these can easily be found at Walgreens. Feel free to take out or add any ingredients that you want to include in your fall mix. Anything goes- have fun with it!

How to make your mix:

In a large microwavable bowl, chop and microwave the white chocolate uncovered on high, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted.

Make your mix in a separate bowl: add the cereal, pretzels, raisins, candy corn, Reece’s pieces, M&M’s, and whatever other ingredients you want to include.

Gently pour the melted white chocolate over your mix until everything is evenly coated.

Spread the coated fall mix onto a plate until it is cool (about 30 minutes). After the chocolate has completely hardened, break your Chex Mix into chunks and enjoy!

See how easy that was? Who knew that such a fabulous fall treat could be made in a matter of only five minutes. Now that you have made all of this Fall Chex Mix, you can eat it yourself (guilty), or you can share it with all of your friends- I promise that it will be a huge hit. Happy fall y’all!