Class of 2016, you are halfway done with your last semester of college, ever.
With mere months left before you’re catapulted into the real world, it’s time to start looking forward — wait, no, you don’t want to look forward. Then you’ll have to start thinking about how the heck you’ll get a job after you graduate. No, the best option here is to avoid thinking about your future responsibilities and look back at happier times — more specifically, 1993 and 1994, when most of the students in your graduating class were born.
- Bill Clinton was sworn in as President, and we all know how that ended
- People started talking about Y2K and did not stop for seven years
- "Power Ranger" action figures and Beanie Babies appeared on shelves for the first time
- "Jurassic Park" premiered
- Cinna from “The Hunger Games” (Lenny Kravitz) looked like this
- “Got milk?” was used for the first time in an advertisement
- BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY
- O.J. Simpson was arrested after a highly dramatic trial, which to make it more relevant to our generation, Robert Kardashian was on Simpson’s legal team, meaning all the baby Kardashians were at the trials
- “The Lion King” came out
- Dakota Fanning was born, which means all of you are old enough to have a chance with her
- "Forrest Gump" was released and Tom Hanks ran his way straight into our hearts (unless his accent was just too much for you to look past)
- Amazon and Yahoo were created
- “Friends” started and changed all of our lives forever.
- Mariah Carey could still sing
- Nirvana released their final album
And most importantly, all of you began a long journey that led you here, and very soon will lead you to receive your hard-earned diploma. Good luck and congratulations, class of 2016.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.