Tar Heel Life Hacks

​Top 5 weird sledding positions

In case you hadn’t noticed, it snowed this weekend. And in case you haven’t already taken advantage of this blistery blast of winter weather and caught up on all the homework you didn’t do during the week, I suggest you go do that now.

To those of you have and are sitting pretty after Monday’s delay, you might want to go find the last snow piles on campus because I’ve got the five best sledding positions you’ll ever need.

5. The Meditator.

Flower crowns not included.

4. The French girl.

Sled me like one of your French girls, Jack.

3. The brace for impact.

A pose for one of those snow days when the snow isn’t so soft and the hill your sledding on ends abruptly. Helmet suggested; kneepads advised.

2. The Face-plant.

This one is for when you forgot to brace for impact. No unnecessary tumbling or sliding necessary — you’re already ready for the inevitable snowy end that comes after sledding.

1. The Jedi.

Those snowdrifts don’t stand a chance against your lightsaber and the Force will keep you upright no matter how many times you fall. Hopefully. Maybe. Unlikely.

Here are some honorable mentions that didn’t make the list, but would still wow your friends (and get you seriously injured).

The party girl.

A move for those days when you’d rather sleep in the snow than trudge back to the dorm. DPS traffic cone optional.

The tourist.

Even while speeding uncontrollably down a hill of solid water, tourists will still find a way to whip out the camera and take an ugly picture of you and your family.