Ian Lee Staff Writer

News

Judo master's seminar draws eager students

Students and community members gathered Saturday to learn judo techniques and receive words of wisdom from a true master. The 40 people who attended the seminar met in Fetzer Gymnasium and heard from renowned seventh-degree black belt Randy Russell.

News

Employee group threatens lawsuit over layoffs at ITS

A state employees association is threatening legal action against the University in response to announced layoffs in the Information Technology Services department. The current layoffs will affect a total of 15 employees in the department Larry Conrad vice chancellor for information technology stated in an e-mail Sunday.

News

Next fundraising drive put on hold inde_¶ nitely

The University's proposed $4 billion fundraising campaign was put on hold this week as bigger economic fears put its feasibility into doubt. The campaign announced last September under the name Carolina Big was touted to be the largest fundraising campaign in the school's history.

ElectionLaw
News

Bills would alter election law

Student elections are over but the election law battle rages on. In response to several controversies this year about Board of Elections decisions Student Congress has passed two bills that could radically alter election procedure for the coming years. But current elections board members warn that these changes might swing the pendulum too far and unfairly limit the board's power.

More articles »