Jacob Meredith-Andrews

Articles

DTH Photo Illustration. North Carolina voters are looking to find out what healthcare problems exist in the state, and what the different candidates in the upcoming election are planning on doing to solve these issues.

How will the election change the future of Medicaid in North Carolina?

Health care access is one of the biggest issues in North Carolina. North Carolina is among the 10 least insured states in the country, according to the U.S. Census Bureau Both Republican and Democratic candidates for the N.C. General Assembly have focused on ways to improve the state's healthcare system William Munn, a policy analyst with the N.C. Justice Center, said the outcome of the November election could impact the future of healthcare policy in the state

The N.C. Museum of Art reopened on Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020 with Covid19 restrictions after Governor Roy Cooper's Phase 2.5 eased public restrictions. Photo courtesy of the N.C. Museum of Art.

Now allowed to reopen, museums develop a broad array of plans to welcome back patrons

As North Carolina moves into Phase 2.5, museums in the Triangle area are able to reopen at limited capacity. The North Carolina Museum of Art is now open, with the North Carolina Museum of Sciences opening soon. Facing lost revenue due to the pandemic, these museums have come up with innovative ways to share the museum experience virtually and some are now opening their doors once more to visitors in person.