Bracket predictions: Where will UNC land in the NCAA Tournament bracket?

With conference tournaments in full swing, several media outlets have started making projections for this year’s NCAA Tournament bracket.

After winning the ACC regular season championship, North Carolina might have secured a trip to Raleigh for the first and second rounds. But where will the Tar Heels go after that?

Here are what five outlets believe will happen to UNC come Selection Sunday.

ESPN: No. 1 seed in West

As of Tuesday, ESPN’s Joe Lunardi listed the Tar Heels as the No. 1 seed in the West Regional —which will be played in Anaheim, Calif.

Lunardi had UNC playing its first- and second-round games in Raleigh, and he believed the No. 2, 3 and 4 seeds in the region would be Oregon, West Virginia and Kentucky, respectively.

CBS Sports: No. 3 seed in the West

Like Lunardi, CBS Sports had North Carolina playing its first- and second-round games in Raleigh and placed the team in the West Regional.

But as of Monday, CBS Sports had the Tar Heels as a No. 3 seed behind top-seeded Michigan State and second-seeded Oregon.

The outlet had UNC playing UAB in the first round before possibly playing sixth-seeded Iowa in the second.

CBS Sports included only one team (10th-seeded Temple) in the region that North Carolina played during the regular season.

USA TODAY: No. 2 seed in the East

As of Monday morning, USA Today had the Tar Heels as the No. 2 seed in the East Regional — which will be played in Philadelphia.

The outlet had Villanova as the top seed in the region. If UNC faced the Wildcats in the Elite Eight under those circumstances, Villanova would have a homecourt advantage, as the university is located about 30 minutes from Philadelphia.

USA Today had UNC playing 15th-seeded UNC-Asheville in the first round in Raleigh. And like ESPN, the outlet had West Virginia and Kentucky as the No. 3 and No. 4 seeds, respectively.

NBC Sports: No. 2 seed in the West

NBC Sports’ bracket projection had UNC as the No. 2 seed in the West Regional and second in line for a No. 1 seed behind Michigan State as of Tuesday.

Like USA Today’s projection, NBC Sports had the Tar Heels playing UNC-Asheville in the first round of the NCAA Tournament in Raleigh.

According to the outlet’s projections, the Tar Heels would face either Texas Tech or Vanderbilt in the second round with a win over the Bulldogs.

If UNC made it to the Elite Eight under those circumstances, it could face top-seeded Oklahoma for a spot in the Final Four.

Sports Illustrated: No. 2 seed in the East

As of Monday, Sports Illustrated had the Tar Heels in the East Regional as the No. 2 seed.

Like USA Today, Sports Illustrated had Villanova as the top seed in the region.

Sports Illustrated included two teams (ninth-seeded Pittsburgh and 10th-seeded Temple) in the region that UNC played this season.

— Compiled by Sports Editor Pat James