Good morning, Tar Heels! Read on to learn about housing in Chapel Hill, marriage in college and a new burger bar on Franklin:
- UNC and the Town of Chapel Hill are teaming up to combat rising rent rates for the increasing number of students choosing to live off-campus.
- “It was like a marathon. I just wanted to be done.” Nicole Greene won the NCAA National Championship in high jumping after defeating her opponent in an intense seven-round tiebreaker.
- OPINION: “Without proper education on the topic, it can be difficult — though inexcusable — for white people to understand just how deeply offensive the N-word is.” After a recent viral video of a UNC field hockey player, here’s a reminder on why non-Black people shouldn’t use the N-word.
- North Carolinians get married at a younger age than their American counterparts — something that can be a positive for UNC's married and engaged undergraduates.
- On Tuesday, immigrants from all corners of the globe gathered to discuss their common roots in business in North Carolina at the Center for the Study of the American South.
- You’ve probably heard about the new fees for majors and minors business school — here’s what else was increased (and decreased!) at that Board of Governors meeting.
CITY AND STATE
- A burger bar, ice cream shop and pharmacy are among the coming to Orange County.
- The tourism industry in Wake County is at an all-time high, and Visit Raleigh is working to fill in the hotel and restaurant industry with a free job fair this Thursday.
- The DTH talked with Sam Burchfield, about his experience on the show, what inspired his musical career and his songwriting process ahead of his Thursday show at Local 506.